Lanterna Rossa farmhouse in Castiglione del Lago, in the province of Perugia, is in a strategic position making it an ideal starting point for tours in villages and popular tourist destinations in Umbria and Tuscany.
- Thematic MUSEUM located throughout the area are easily reachable from our farm, such as the Campo del Sole, an open-air museum in Tuoro sul Trasimeno,
The Museo della Pesca in San Feliciano, Magione,
The Museo delle Barche in Passignano andthe Museo del Merletto, located in Isola Maggiore. With a single ticket, you can see: the Palazzo della Corgna in Castiglione del Lago, the Rocca del Leone (Lion’s Rock) in Città della Pieve, Perugino’s Adorazione dei Magi (Adoration of the Magi) in Paciano, the San Giuseppe art collection in Panicale, Perugino’s “martyrdom of Saint Sebastian” and the Teatro Cesare Caporali.
- We also recommend the FERRY-BOAT TOUR of the islands by ferry to see Castiglione del Lago, Isola Maggiore, Passignano and Isola Polvese, as well as a visit to the castles on Lake Trasimeno and the Sanctuary and Mongiovino Castle in Tavernelle.
- There are many opportunities for SPORTING ACTIVITIES in the farm’s surroundings, thanks to the nature and morphology of the site and the numerous facilities and equipment. Around Lake Trasimeno you can practice sports such as: sailing, kitesurfing, canoeing, horse-riding, golf, tennis.
- For those who want to try their hand at extreme sports like canyoning, rafting and hydrospeed, we recommend the Valnerina and Tevere falls.
- The beaches of Lake Trasimeno are also equipped with beach volleyball courts, beach tennis, pedal boats and canoes, with the possibility of kitesurfing and sailing, too.
- For more information on the various guided tours and naturalistic trails in Umbria, click here: